2000-01 INTAKE MANIFOLD 5.4L V8 – VIN L
1. Disconnect negative battery cable(s). On vans, remove engine cover. On all models, release fuel pressure
and disconnect fuel lines. See FUEL PRESSURE RELEASE & FUEL LINE CONNECTIONS .
2. Drain cooling system. Disconnect upper radiator hose from thermostat housing. Remove air cleaner and
outlet tube assembly. Disconnect control cables from throttle body. Unbolt throttle body control cable
bracket and position aside.
3. Disconnect necessary vacuum and water connections. Disconnect necessary harness and ground
connections. Remove brake booster vacuum hose bracket. Remove EGR manifold tube. Remove spark
plug wires. Remove accessory drive belt. Remove generator.
4. Remove throttle body. Remove heater return tube. Remove thermostat. Remove upper intake manifold
retaining bolts in reverse order of tightening sequence. See Fig. 2 . Lift intake manifold assembly,
disconnect manifold turning valve and remove intake manifold assembly from vehicle.
5. If separating upper and lower intake manifolds, remove lower intake manifold retaining bolts in reverse
order of tightening sequence. See Fig. 3 . Separate intake manifolds, and remove gasket.
1. To install, reverse removal procedure. Use NEW gaskets and “O” rings. Tighten intake manifold bolts to
specification in sequence. See Fig. 2 and Fig. 3 . See TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS .
2. When installing fuel lines, fit NEW fuel resistant “O” rings (Brown) on fuel lines. Lightly coat “O” rings
with clean engine oil before installing. Clean fittings, and replace garter spring (if necessary).
3. To install remaining components, reverse removal procedure. Adjust all control cables and fluid levels.
Refill cooling system. When installing spark plug wires, ensure wires are in correct position on coils.